Sunday, December 14, 2008

Zephyr's Blessing...Finally!




It's not every day you see a baby smiling in a blessing picture. It took almost 6 months, but we got our boy blessed last Sunday night, Dec 7, 2008 at home. Scott's dad and his wife Mary were able to be here, along with the second counselor in the Bishopric, Daryl Sam. It was a beautiful blessing given by Scott, where he talked of Zephyr coming to our family as a peacemaker (gee, with 4 older sisters I wonder why that?) and a protector. We tried to incorporate as much of my extended family as possible since none of them could be here. The blanket was given to Zeph from my niece, Alexis and his lovely blessing outfit my sister, Cheryl, gave him. For dinner, we ate off of Scott's mom's plates and used her flatware. It was an interesting journey to this day. Cheryl lovingly prodded, "You know you have to bless him before you baptize him." Yeah, yeah, yeah. My own wishes was to do it in Vegas with all the family, but we just didn't feel right about that, we felt it needed to be done the way it was done. I'm just glad it got done before his first birthday.

So enjoy the pictures (taken by Roma) of his long in coming Blessing Day!












3 comments:

The Sorensen Family said...

I love it did the outfit fit???? I am so sad we were not there

Sarah said...

Holy smokes - I can't believe that baby is that big already!!!! How on earth did that happen??? What a cutie, and boy, does he look like a Jones (that's a good thing - you guys make cute babies)!

* said...

Your little guy is so cute! Fun to see a boy in your fam now. Sounds like his blessing day was one to remember. Carry on with your bad self, girl! ;)