Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Wars and Kids in Mind


Okay, quick post.....
1. went to Redbox
2. Rented Bride Wars....how bad can a PG movie be for 3 teenagers
3. Not appropriate for little teen girls, should have been PG13. Strip club scene, living with the boyfriends, a few swear words....schyeah, NOT PG!
4. I no longer trust ratings (as if I did before)
5. I resolve to always check Kids in Mind first

The end.
Hollywood, I'm on to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up! It is so frustrating trying to pick a good movie to watch not only for our kids but ourselves as well. I remember that President Kimball said that he stopped seeing PG movies (way back then) because of what they were allowing.

Alison said...

I agree. Lame movie too!

Jonelle Hughes said...

You should have asked me! We have instituted a rule-before our kids can watch a PG-13 we have to watch it first. There have been too many pseudo-R's out there!

* said...

That's not surprising...from the previews alone, "Bride wars" looked like something I'd only watch if handcuffed and forced with hot pokers and toothpicks holding open my eyes. I'm just glad my kids are so young that movie isn't on their radar yet. ;)

PS: I just blogged about home birthing this week and it all comes back to you, girl. You talked to me and Niki about it, essentially
throwing a pebble in a lake and having no idea what far reaching effects it would have.

Years from now, no doubt you will still feel the beautiful echo of your choices ripple across the lake of life, just as we are, now. You are amazing and influential beyond imagination.

PPS: Niki had her 5th baby on Wednesday -- home birthed into her loving arms. We laughed, we cried, we held hands. It rocked.