Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hello, and meet my Uncle Ezra

For the last 2 holiday seasons, Roma and Ellie (and now Sage) have done a "fundraiser" of cookie mixes, one that closely resembles Great Harvest's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. The first year the funds went to their dance classes and costumes, which were uhhh....a mere $75 each.

Yeah, I told them it was pay up or they weren't in the Christmas show cause mama ain't made of money that year. Needless to say, they refuse to give them away even though they don't fit anymore. Future Halloween costumes for Zephyr, I guess. The second year went to their own personal funds, which was much needed considering the hole we were in. I was happy they were able to have money to have a bit of fun with amidst our circumstances. Let's just say, I just barely got done paying them back from borrowing money from them last year.

So, they are at it again, and I'm glad to say they have decided to pay it forward by giving a portion of their profits to a family in need. A few days ago I was up to my ankles in flour oats and chocolate chips. At least it was stone ground whole wheat flour. They had enough capital this year to invest in doing a souped up gift show on Dec. 6 www.ohsweetsadie.com, so we are excited.


It's actually right nextdoor - literally - to where my BF Lorelee is moving! (Yea, I outed Lorelee, she's moving to So. Jordan!!!!). Anywschmoo....The past two years I've kind of just done generic labeling, but now this seems to be turning into quite a business for them, so we came up with a biz name with a bit of a logo.

Their biz name, Uncle Ezra's is explained here www.uncleezras.homestead.com .
I've still yet to update the photo with the logo, etc., but it's coming.
So if you are up this way on Dec. 6, come see the girls at the show! You'll get a free sample and everything.

No comments: