~ Post some of your favorite things in the comments, would ya? ~
Athena crossing the street.
Check out Roma's blog to see the video

Peanut Butter from Peanut Butter & co.
Found at Smiths, Harmons (if you're in UT), most health food stores, and online. Highly addictive, so ease into the stuff. Similar to Nutella, but tastes a ton better and is good for you.

Flipping Out
On Bravo. This guy is crazy
nuts, but I'd totally trust him to do my house. The episode with Zoila's painting is classic. You can watch most of the episodes online now, so click the link, bow-kay?Movies, you say?
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
It takes a comic genius to write something like this. The remake, Rat Race, in 2001 was good, but didn't live up to the original.12 Angry Men

Again, another genius writer, just not comical. And again, the remake in 1997 I felt totally stunk. That's right, I said stunk.
Dutch Apple Pancakes

From the Original Pancake House. If you haven't had one of these, make plans. I substitute sucanat for the brown sugar when I make it at home. This stuff is bombdiggity.
Trader Joe's

Duh, of course TJ's is my fave. I miss you Mr. Joe. Check out Cooking With Trader Joe's.
My Senor Bob Macayo Mug

I have many memories at Macayo's in Vegas, namely the Charleston location. Granted, I wouldn't risk my life eating at that location today, but it was awesome while it lasted. The one time per year my family ate out was at Macayo's, we took the party from the church dances to Macayo's (those poor waitresses), and going with Lorelee's family to Macayo's. Typically you only get Senor Bob when you order a slushed alcoholic drink, but I got mine at the thrift store on Charleston. Currently I am on the lookout for Bob's ball and chain, Senorita Cha Cha - let me know if you find her, the old version, not the newer, cheap looking one. Where in the World is, uh, Miss Cha Cha?
My Favorite Joke
What do you get when you combine a brown chicken and brown cow? Brownchicken, browncow.
(okay, this is more a verbal joke than one that can be 'gotten' while being read. If you say it out loud, and the words together, with a certain twang, you'll get it)
4 comments:
Weird that they don't have TJ's in Utah, they have 2 in Minnesota, grant it I have to drive 20 minutes to get there, but at least I get my fix and my extra extra firm tofu.
A few of my favorite things include: all the episodes LOST, sugar snap peas, Jane Austen novels, real white chocolate raspberry lemon truffle cheese cake, The Gap, Jane Eyre(the book & th MPT movie), & our dishwasher.
Well, I am just eharing through your blog about this awesome peanut butter. Thanks. ;)
My favorite things?
Creme Brulee
Jane Austen books and movies
My mexican chocolate hot fudge
Haloumi Cheese
Amy
Samples from the Tiki hut from Trader Joe's
Anything at the Pancake House
Creme Fraiche made by my sister
My jeans that used to fit
Hot baths
A good salad
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Sand dollars
Churros at Disneyland
Can you tell I am hungry?
Your nieces each had the orginal Macayo's Miss Chi-Chi mug but they they were too cool and gave them to DI. I kept only one Miss Chi-Chi for myself (I secretly love To Wong Foo [and Julie Newmar was the only true Catwoman] as well...don't tell mom). I am looking for the the orginal Senor Bob mug...you're right...the new versions just aren't right.
BTW, you just ask Macayos for the virgin version of the drink that comes in the mug...hello! Don't forget the TCT, Chili Relleno special (w/cheese enchilda) with the nasty little side salad...and Tums.
Favorites:
A happy and content husband
Thunder and rain storms
Clean house and happy children
Sleeping children and grandchildren
Ethel M's-lemon creams
See's Candy-butterscoth squares, scothmallow, and toffee.
Labor Day (the beginning of the fall and winter holidays)
A good belly laugh.
Unexpected hour or two with nothing to do thanks to an appointment cancellation.
Leftover chocolate fudge cake and ice cold fat free milk!
Watching the face my children when they make their own well deserved accomplishments and overcoming their fears.
Girlfriends and family who laugh and don't take things too seriously.
Peace of mind.
Watching my married children lovingly interact with their spouses and children.
The A & E version of Pride and Prejudice.
A good night's sleep and ready to attack the next day.
I have more....
Amy! I'm a shameless blog-hopper.
Well, what can I say? You and Monica and Jonelle are three of my favorite things because after these lists, I have nothing new to offer. Eh, lets go with..... fish tacos. Oh, and the picture in your header... fo shizzle!
Congrats on Zepher.
Post a Comment