I'm as patriotic as they come. I love America and the Constitution. I just wish our elected officials actually abided by it more.
So, here are some of the things I want government to back off of in my life:
1. CPSIA. The Consumer
This 'improvement' is putting mom and pop children's retailers out of business, all in the name of reducing children's exposure to lead. Remember all last year there was news report after news report about lead tainted toys coming out of China? All a little media blitz brought to you courtesy of the CPSC, who came up with this law in November of 2007 to be enacted Jan 2009, before China was killing our kids with crappy toys. They just wanted to drum up some public support before hand. Too bad we aren't dumb and can see right through their little scheme. Now in order to sell my baby slings, I have to pay $2000 +/year to the government to test all my fabric for lead. Yes, children are safer because of this new law....not. Oh, did I mention that the CPSC is heavily lobbied by the JPMA, Juvenile Products Manufacturer's Assoc.? I think their bottom line was getting dented by all the etsy WAHM's out there.
2. The new little senate bill introduced into Utah legislature that would essentially destroy any farmer's markets and roadside produce stands, all in the name of protecting us from e coli, which is only produced by tainted manure, from tainted cows fed pesticide laden GMO corn all day and not allowed to graze and live a humane life. I trust my neighbor's produce way more than the produce from overseas, who don't have the same FDA standard's to abide by, thank you. Grass Fed Free Range Organic beef is yummy! See my latest newsletter here
3. SB 69 in the Nevada Legislature, that would put many health food stores out of business. This one requires to be a licensed health care professional on the premises in a health food store, working for minumum wage or a little more. That's like asking a doctor to work at Walgreens. Give me a break. If they can't take our herbs, they'll take our stores instead.
4. Which brings me to Codex aka CAFTA, which would make vitamins and herbs available by prescription only and under the jurisdication of doctors. Will I be arrested for growing oregano now, because the FDA has labeled it a controlled substance? Watch the informative video here
and sign the petition here http://www.healthrevolutionpetition.org/ . Did I mention that it would force vaccination, too?
5. The government's support, aka funding, of Monsanto and their efforts to deceive us with their tainted milk and attempting to control the world's seeds and funding GMO crops (the biggest one is the corn crops feds to those downer cow's mentioned in #2), Nestle for violating their agreement to not market and push their formula in 3rd world countries as superior to breastmilk, and the Bayer Corp for knowing selling HIV contaminated vaccines to France in 2005, creating mustard gas for Hitler, creating the honeybee population collapse through their pesticides last year (that sprayed that GMO Monsanto corn fed to the sick cows creating the tainted manure that's creating the e coli in our food supply) and creating a GMO rice strain that is messing with women's placenta's and killing babies in 3rd world countries.
6. The government basically funding, owning and running vaccine companies, and overlooking their 'lost' memo's, lack of adequate testing and deceptive marketing, and leaving a trail of carnage behind them. But that's a WHOLE other post (or 2 hours class LOL). 'One Less' my boo-tay.
7. The Personhood Act, which looks good on the surface, but would essentially imprison you for not following doctor's orders if you are pregnant, and fine you for missing prenatals, not taking OTC vitamins and force you into harmful procedures against your will that you may believe will harm your baby. How would it be if we forced people to have homebirths or birth unmedicated because it was in the best interest of the baby? Yeah, when the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't make too much sense, does it? Jailed for birthing in the hospital....huh, doesn't sound good to me, and I am the biggest pro homebirther in the world.
8. Income Taxes. That's all I have to say about that.
Anyone got any more?????? It's a good thing the government is here to save us from ourselves.
3 comments:
Oh honey, don't get me started!! Thanks for sharing though. It is so frustrating to have government think they need to regulate everything about our lives instead of acting as our umbrella. We still live in an incredible land!
You go GIRL!!!!!
Like I've said before--you tell it like it is--when did you get so literate and smart? ;)
Post a Comment