Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Zephyr, my little Mahatma

Zephyr, almost 8 months, getting his first taste of non mommy food....avocado!


I can't help saying it. Zephyr is a cool little baby. Over the weekend I had the tell tale signs that I was getting a cold. I decided to take it easy and force myself to lay down as much as possible. With cable, you get the On Demand feature where you can check out what the cable company has extra for you, often for free. One of those free movies was Ghandi. I am embarrassed to say that I knew very little about Ghandi, and seeing as how Roma has asked me to incorporate the Great Thinkers more into her homeschool, I decided to give the movie a viewing to see if we should study him.

All I can say is, see this movie, study this man, adopt his principles. I was blown away by this genius of a man, who exhibited such integrity, patience and love.

As I looked at this man, and then would look at Zephyr, you've got to admit that the physical similarities are staggering!


































Okay, well maybe they aren't THAT similar unless I stick some glasses on him, but they are both really skinny and cute, and for a time Ghandi had a faux hawk, like the girls like to do to Zeph. And the patience and love part, Zeph has down. Plus I'd like to think that he is wise beyond his years. He such a mellow kid compared to my girls. If he's held or fed, all is right with the world. For some people I suppose he'd be considered high need because more than 2 minutes on the floor makes him all sorts of sad (you can see the beginnings of it in the photo), but for me, this is a breeze - a warm and gentle breeze.

So, here's to you, Z man - 8 months old already! Namaste, my boy!


If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.
Mohandas Gandhi

6 comments:

Kristin said...

He's way cuter than Ghandi.

Anonymous said...

Ditto's on the cuteness of Zephyr and on the greatness of Ghandi the man. My mom took me to see the movie when I was twelve and I was so blown away by the impact he had and didn't mind it being such a long movie. That's a good one for Roma!

Martinson Family said...

Watched the movie awhile back....loved it! Gave me a new respect for Ghandi and I was amazed by his character. I definitely recommend the movie to anyone. As for the resemblance between Zephyr and him....not so sure. ;)

The Sorensen Family said...

Seriously I can't believe he is already 8months, and those Eyes of his freakin rock. Is he getting any chunk to him yet i need to squezze him.

Anonymous said...

Man, your boy is so stickin' cute!

* said...

Love Ghandi. Love the quote. And your little Z-man, too! U rock!