Thursday, October 16, 2008

Know of a good place to crash for Thanksgiving in Vegas?

It's been hard to admit we've come to this point, but there are 7 of us now, and we just can't go crash at just anyone's house for a weekend. Not only is there a lot of us, but 5 are girls.....drama girls.

So, I no longer feel alright about asking people if we can come invade their house and disrupt their lives. With all the stress that comes along with trying to accommodate 6 other people, it's become rude to infiltrate another's home with that stress. So, if anyone knows of a time share, vacation rental or someone who is going out of town and wants to rent their house to us over the Thanksgiving holidays for cheap (like $50 a night or so), would you give me a head's up, por favor? Otherwise, I fear we won't make it home for the holidays adn be left out of our big 'ol family picture.

It would be your birthday present to me.


Speaking of, it was my birthday last Tuesday, and apparently I am a liar. It kind of crept up on me, and I almost totally blew it off. two of our pumpkins!

We went pumpkin picking that day, which was especially fun, but I kept on telling people that it had just become another day, it was no big deal, and then at 7 pm my baby laughed for the first time. I know, it took him forever to do it, he is 4 months old now, but I think that actually made it sweeter. My baby laughed at me for my birthday present. It's one of the best ones I've gotten so far. He's not really done it again, it's driving me nuts.

Scott and I did go out to eat the Sat. before for my birthday. Everything was going all swimmingly until I remembered what I was doing the year previous for my birthday. I cried because I was so grateful to actually get to do something this year for my birthday. This was a good birthday.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

My parents are in the process of moving, and their house will most likely be empty that weekend. My dad's already in Missouri, my mom and my youngest sister are still here, but they'll probably fly to Missouri for Thanksgiving. I'll check with my mom tomorrow when she gets back in town. I think it would make them happy to be able to offer their home to your family for the weekend. I'll email you after I talk to my mom.

Kristin said...

Hey, happy birthday, sounds like your housing problem is solved. Have a fun time down there.

Rachel said...

Amy,
I talked with my mom and she said that'd be fine. The only thing that would mess it up would be if they got an offer and my dad had to fly back here for Thanksgiving to do paperwork and stuff. Chances of them getting an offer before then are slim to none, but you might want to have a backup. Email me at merrill.rm@gmail.com so I can get you in touch directly with my mom.

The Fawson Family said...

Hey Amy-
We have been thinking a lot about you guys especially when I watch the weight just melt off of this season's new biggest losers. I feel like a loser watching it without you!
Miss you guys-
Aimee Fawson

The Sorensen Family said...

Happy belated b-day. I miss you so much. please post some pics of the kids I am missing them bad. Hopefully when you come down maybe we could get away for a little bit to celebrate your b-day.

The Sorensen Family said...

also I would love to have you just stay with us but trev's family is stopping in and out so their reservations were made a while ago so sorry, you know we would otherwise love to have you all:(

The Sorensen Family said...

Happy Halloween everyone looked awesome and the picture turned out perfect. I love it. Happy belated birthday.